- Move to MSN protocol v15.
- Move to new libyahoo2 library.
- Clean up Jabber. More and more services are migrating to it.
- IRC features (channel operator functions, text formatting with ctcp, file transfer)
- Up-to-date translations
- Niftier artwork (icons, smileys, etc.), in PNG/MNG and related code changes.
- Icons/artwork for protocols
- Put icons into context menus
- UI related enhancements -- especially the main status window, prefs window, add account window and the chat window.
- Power up our tray icon right click
- Asynchronous DNS lookups and better handling for TCP drops/disconnects
- Must be fluent in C programming with ANSI C and glib
- Gtk+ programming skills are useful for UI development
- Strong network fundamentals for whoever wants to work on the protocol libraries or the connection issues
- An eye for design for anyone wanting to work on icons and smileys
- A desire to be a permanent developer of an IM application.
How ToIf you'd like to participate, go register as a delegate at FOSS.IN. You can state your preference to take part in the workout at a later date.
You should also join the project mailing lists, and maybe visit the website.