Ayttm-0.5.0-111 has been released! There have been a number of improvements under the hood.
- Users can specify a different character encoding for each of their chat rooms/windows. There is also a new preference added called "encodings", which can be used to specify the list of encodings to be used to decode incoming data in case it is not in UTF-8.
- Pong for the IRC ping. This enables ayttm to be used with servers that require a pong to keep a connection alive
- Conform to Debians Lintian standards
- Multiple fixes to irc
- Multiple fixes to jabber
- Fixed multiple UI related issues
- Lots of bug fixes
- A new contributor in the form of Piotr Stefaniak :)
- Conform to Fedora packaging standards by providing a workaround for libtool to enable use of *.so for dynamically loading modules. We should have a Fedora package soon!
Report bugs here
Coming up in the next release:
- Support for the new yahoo messenger protocol. Our messenger has not been disabled yet since we use a very old protocol. The transition to the new protocol will happen before August 15th
- Support for the new MSN protocol
- Better connectivity support under the hood
- Hunspell support
- Prettier smileys and icons